Do you need to know if I am planning to leave my property unoccupied for an extended period of time?

Yes. You will need to inform Insure4Retirement if you are planning on leaving your home for more than 60 days as your insurer may need to add new terms to your policy to cover your home while you are away as not to invalidate your insurance.