You could save up to £100 with our 5 star Home Insurance.*
What kind of protection can Home Insurance give me?
Because no two homes are the same you can tailor your policy to include the levels of insurance you need. There are three main types of cover you can choose from;
- Buildings cover can cover your house, including fixtures & fittings.
- Contents cover can cover your furniture, possessions and valuables.
- Combined buildings and contents insurance can cover you against both.
What cover do I get with home and contents insurance?
We don’t expect you to know how much it would cost to rebuild your home, and we don’t expect you to go around your home tallying up the value of decade’s worth of possessions. For your convenience, our classic policy we automatically provide you with*;
- Up to £1 million cover for your buildings
- Up to £100,000 for your contents.
Many people can underestimate how important it is to insure your home sufficiently. If you don’t choose the correct cover limits on your home insurance policy, you may find your insurer reduces the amount paid in a claim respectively.
For example, if it would cost £600,000 to rebuild your home, but you only insured it for £300,000 and a fire caused £100,000 worth of damage, you may only receive £50,000. This is one of the reasons why our cover has an automatic cover limit which can help ensure this isn’t something our customers may experience.
If you need more than £1 million buildings cover, or more than £100,000 contents cover you would need to call one of our team to discuss your requirements further.
What can I use my Home Insurance for?
- Escape of water covered up to £1 million
- Fire, explosion, lightning & earthquake covered up to £1 million
- Impact (eg. A vehicle driving into your home) covered up to £ 1 million
- Subsidence covered up to £1 million
- Theft or Attempted Theft covered up to £1 million
- Property Owners Liability covered up to £2 million
- Trace & Access covered up to £5,000
- Alternative Accommodation covered up to £40,000
- Fridge-Freezer Contents covered up to £1,000
Why do I need Home Insurance?
For many of us, our homes can be the biggest investment we ever make. To think that a lifetime worth of earnings could be lost in an accident is a thought that doesn’t bare thinking about, which is why people like us are here to help. If you own your property on a mortgage, it may be that you’re legally obliged to have at least buildings insurance.
*Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see policy wording for full terms and conditions.