Contact us today: 0800 2988 707

Get a quote
Renewal reminder
Request callback

Related Content

For homeowners over 50, buildings insurance is more than just financial security – it’s having the peace of mind and trust that should the worst happen, your home is safe, secure and well-looked after. That’s why our buildings insurance covers you up to £1,000,000*.

As Insure4Retirement provides dedicated insurance for over 50s, we can offer competitive insurance premiums. Get a quote from Insure4Retirement today to see if we could save you money.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is buildings accidental damage cover?

Our standard buildings policy automatically covers accidental breakage to fixed glass in windows and sanitary ware in bathrooms, but you can choose to include full accidental damage cover which covers you if you put a hammer through a wall doing DIY, or accidentally put your foot through the loft ceiling for example.

Are kitchen units covered by buildings insurance

Kitchen units are covered on our standard buildings insurance policy against damage from fire, flood and escape of water. If you require further cover, you can choose to add the full accidental damage cover which would cover you if accidentally scorched your worktops with a hot pan.

Are older houses more expensive to insure?

The cost of your buildings insurance will largely be down to your personal circumstance and the size and location of your property. There are some factors associated with an older property that could increase your premium, such as your property being a listed building or built out of non-standard materials.

Does building insurance cover structural damage?

Our standard buildings insurance covers structural damage caused by incidents such as storm damage, impact (a vehicle crashing into the property), subsidence, fire and flood.

Is it illegal not to have buildings insurance?

Unlike car insurance, buildings insurance is not a legal requirement. However, if you own your property on a mortgage it may be a contractual requirement from your mortgage provider that you keep your building insured.

Are windows covered by buildings insurance?

Your windows would be covered under our buildings policy against storm damage, break-ins, fire, flood damage and impact (a vehicle crashing into your property). We also automatically cover accidental breakage of your windows on our standard buildings policy.

What’s does our Buildings Insurance cover?

Insure4Retirement’s specialised over 50s insurance will cover your home against damage caused by:

  • Storms, floods or weight of snow
  • Subsidence, heave or landslips
  • Water escape
  • Theft, or attempted theft
  • Fire, smoke or explosions
  • Lightning or earthquakes
  • Riots and vandalism

In addition, we can provide up to £40,000 to cover rent or alternative accommodation if you cannot live in your home whilst any repairs are being carried out. You are also covered up to £2,000,000 property owner’s liability insurance and protection for outbuildings.

Our insurance excesses start from £75. For escape of water claims excesses start at £250 and for subsidence claims excesses start at £1,000 .

Accidental Damage Insurance

With accidental damage insurance your home can be covered for loss or damage caused by accident to the following:

  • Fixed glass; windows and patio doors and solar panels
  • Cables
  • Underground pipes
  • Drains and inspection covers
  • Bathroom fixtures and fittings
  • Fixed stair lifts in your home

You can increase this cover to Full Accidental Damage to cover other mishaps such as putting your foot through the loft ceiling or burning a kitchen work surface with a hot pan.

Why Choose Insure4Retirement?

  • Our home insurance is recommended by Which?

  • 8 out of 10 customers recommend us on the independent review site Trustpilot

  • Our policy has been rated 5 star by Defaqto

  • We automatically provide up to 10% rating discount if you are retired

  • 24/7 claims helpline to help you when you really need it

  • We check our panel of insurers and offer our most competitive price

Our Awards